CHICKEN OR TURKEY PAD THAIFrom cbowen289 7 years ago
- 8 ounces rice noodles(vietnemise bahn pho or thai sen-mee) shopping list
- 1/4 cup salted peanuts, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest shopping list
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar shopping list
- 4 1/2 teaspoons rice vinegar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon asian chile sauce shopping list
- 3 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 lb bnlss skinless chicken breast cut into strips(or 1 lb leftover turkey diced) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic shopping list
- 1 egg, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Place noodles in a large bowl. Add enough hot water to cover; let stand 10-15 minutes until pliable but not soft. Drain well.
- 2. Combine peanuts and lime zest, set aside.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine fish sauce, lime juice,brown sugar, rice
- vinegar, and chile sauce; stir until blended. Set aside.
- 4. In a 12 inch (or thereabouts) nonstick skillet heat 1 tablespoon oil
- over med-high heat. Add chicken and garlic. Cook and stri frequently for 6 minutes until no pink remains.(*If using cooked turkey, only saute for about two minutes*) Then transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- 5. Add egg to the hot skillet and cook for 30 seconds. Turn egg with spatchula and cook for 30-60 seconds more, until set. Chop egg then remove, set aside.
- 6. In same skillet heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil over high for 30 seconds. Add drained noodles and sprouts; stir fry for 2 minutes. Add fish sauce mixture and poultry ; cook 1-2 minutes more until heated through. Divide noodle mixture among four plates . Sprinkle with egg and peanut topping.Garnish with green onions and cilantro.
The Cookcbowen289 Palm Coast, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!