Butternut Squash PuddingFrom notyourmomma 8 years ago
- 2 cups of mashed cooked butternut squash shopping list
- 1/2 cup of half and half shopping list
- 1/3 cup of grade "b" maple syrup, I like the flavor of dark maple better shopping list
- 2 teaspoons of crystallized candy ginger, pulverized in a mortar and pestle or a coffee grinder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon shopping list
- 6-8 rasps of fresh nutmeg to equal about a 1/4 tsp shopping list
- 1/8 tsp ginger shopping list
- 3 large egg yolks shopping list
- 3 large egg whites shopping list
- 1 tbsp of sugar shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
- 1/4 cup of graham cracker crumbs shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine, squash, half and half, maple syrup, spices and egg yolks.
- Stir with a whisk until well blended.
- Whip the egg white until foamy.
- Add sugar, beating until soft peaks form.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the yolk/squash mixture.
- Spoon into an eight inch square pan, well coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with the graham cracker crumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.