Baked Potato SoupFrom alissachandler 8 years ago
- 4 lg. baking potatoes shopping list
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 2/3 cup flour shopping list
- 6 cups milk shopping list
- 3/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 4 green onions chopped shopping list
- 12 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 (8 oz) carton of sour cream shopping list
- 1 tsp. of chicken base shopping list
How to make it
- Wash potatoes and bake in a preheated 400 degree oven until done. Cool and cut into cubes.
- Melt butter over low heat; add flour, stirring until smooth.
- Gradually add milk and cook over medium heat.
- Stir until mixture is thick and bubbly.
- Add potato cubes, salt, pepper, onion, bacon, cheese, and chicken base.
- Cook until well heated.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Once the soup is ready my secret is I fill a blender about half way with the cooked soup and blend it up on high until it's creamy. I then re-add this to the soup to make it even more creamier.
The Cookalissachandler San Diego, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!