TURKEY RISOTTO WITH PEAS AND MUSHROOMSFrom raventx1 8 years ago
- 5 to 6 cups (1200 to 1440 ml) turkey stock or fat-free, no-salt-added canned chicken broth shopping list
- olive oil cooking spray shopping list
- 1 small onion, 4 ounces (120 g), minced shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups (225 g) Italian short-grain rice, such as Arborio or Carnaroli shopping list
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) dry white wine shopping list
- 8 ounces (240 g) sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 1/2 tablespoon (7.5 ml) crushed dried thyme shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups (235 g) diced, cooked turkey shopping list
- 1 cup (150 g) frozen baby peas shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon (2,5 ml) salt (optional) shopping list
- fresh ground pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 tablespoons (30 g) freshly grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Pour the stock into a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to keep at a slow simmer.
- Lightly coat a large deep cooking pot with cooking spray and add the onion. Sauté over medium heat until transparent and wilted, about 4 minutes. Add the rice and stir to coat.
- Add the wine and bring to a boil, stirring until it evaporates. Add the hot stock, 1 cup (240 ml) at a time, stirring constantly until the stock is absorbed. Continue to add stock, stirring after each addition.
- While the risotto is cooking. sauté the mushrooms in a nonstick pan sprayed with cooking spray until barely done, about 3 to 4 minutes. Set aside.
- Stir the thyme, turkey, peas, and salt (if using) into the risotto with the last addition of stock. Continue to stir and when the liquid is absorbed, add the cooked mushrooms and heat through. Serve immediately in shallow pasta bowls. Season with pepper and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Per serving: 297 calories (9% calories from fat), 19 g protein, 3 g total fat (1.1 g saturated fat), 47 g carbohydrate, 4 g dietary fiber, 28 mg cholesterol, 127 mg sodium
- Diabetic exchanges: 1 1/2 lean protein, 3 carbohydrate (2 1/2 bread/starch, 2 vegetable)
People Who Like This Dish 1
- raventx1 Houston, TX
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookraventx1 Houston, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!