Pumpkin Spice BreadFrom jones2888 7 years ago
- 1 cup - 2 T pure pumpkin (1/2 of a 15-ounce can 100% pure pumpkin) shopping list
- 1/2 t. ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 t. ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 t. ground cloves shopping list
- 3/4 cup water shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups dark brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 t. baking soda shopping list
- 3/4 t. salt shopping list
How to make it
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves in a small saucepan over medium heat until steamy. Stirring continuously, cook until pumpkin is stiff and starts to stick to the pan bottom, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl; whisk in 3/4 cup water, then brown sugar, then oil, then eggs until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together remaining dry ingredients, then fold into the pumpkin mixture until just combined. Scrape batter into 3 greased miniature disposable loaf pans (or 1 9-inch pan). Bake until firm and golden brown, about 50 minutes for miniature loaves and about 70 minutes for a large loaf.
- Let bread stand for a few minutes. Turn onto a wire rack and cool to room temperature. Slice and serve. Recipe doubles easily and freezes well.
- 231 calories per serving. 3g protein, 37g carbs, 8g fat (1g saturated), 28mg cholesterol, 1g fiber, 221mg sodium
The Cookjones2888 Columbus, OH
- Not added to any groups yet!