pork paprikashFrom caramia 7 years ago
- 1 pork fillet cut into strips shopping list
- 1 dessert spoon oil shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves chopped finely shopping list
- 2 sticks celery finely chopped shopping list
- 2 carrots sliced shopping list
- 1 onion roughly chopped shopping list
- ½ green pepper chopped shopping list
- ½ red pepper chopped shopping list
- ½ yellow pepper chopped shopping list
- 14 oz (400g) tin tomatoes shopping list
- 4 heaped tsp sun dried tomato paste shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 2 tbsp paprika shopping list
- ¾ pint (450ml) water shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oven to 170ºC.
- In a pan, heat the oil and cook the pork strips until sealed and going brown.
- Transfer to oven proof dish.
- Add the onions to the pan and sauté for a few minutes until softening.
- Add the garlic and stir for a few minutes.
- Add the celery and carrots.
- Add the paprika and coat the vegetables, cooking it for about a minute.
- Add the water and simmer with the lid on for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the peppers and stir in.
- Then add the can of tomatoes and tomato paste.
- Bring to the boil and pour over the pork in the dish.
- Tuck the bay leaf in the middle, cover with foil and cook for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, mix the dumpling ingredients and shape into small balls (makes about 12) using a little extra flour on your hands so they don't weld themselves to you.
- After 1- ½ hours of the pork mixture cooking, put the dumplings on top of mixture, cover with foil again and bake for 20-30 minutes.
- Take foil off and bake for another 10 minutes to brown the dumplings.
The Cookcaramia US.
- Not added to any groups yet!