Chocolate Mallow PieFrom berry 6 years ago
How to make it
- Bake pie shell, using favorite recipe. Cool.
- Quarter marshmallow or using 16 regular or enough jet puffed to equal ¼ lb. (this is important as the gelatin in the marshmallow is the only thickening agent).
- Put marshmallows and milk in topo f double boiler over médium heat.
- Cut up chocolate bar, slicing almonds very thin; add to marshmallows and milk. Cook stirring frequently until smooth and marshmallows and chocolate have melted, approx 5 – 10 minutes. Cool thoroughly .
- Fold In 1 cup of the cream, whipped; pour into cooled pie shell.
- Chill several hours or overnight.
- Top with remaining cream, whipped, and garnish with chocolate curls of semi – sweet or bitter chocolate.
The Cookberry Riverside, Ca
- Not added to any groups yet!