Red Wine Pasta SauceFrom commandar 7 years ago
- [Optional] 1.5 lbs italian sausage shopping list
- 1 28 oz can whole tomatoes shopping list
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes shopping list
- 3 6 oz cans tomato paste shopping list
- 1 lbs chopped mushrooms shopping list
- 2.5 large white onions shopping list
- 1 bulb garlic shopping list
- 1 red bellpepper shopping list
- ~4 tablespoons fresh oregano shopping list
- ~2 tablespoons fresh basil shopping list
- a bottle of red wine (preferably chianti) shopping list
How to make it
- Chop up whole tomatoes, put in a mixing bowl along with all the juice.
- Chop up oregano, basil, bellpepper, garlic and put in bowl with tomatoes.
- Chop onions and mushrooms, set aside.
- Mix in crushed tomato and tomato paste to mixing bowl.
- Heat large pot on stove at high heat with 6-8 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Pour in onions and mushrooms, let saute for 5-10 minutes. If using sausage, break up and include it here as well.
- Pour in tomato mix, along with roughly a glass and a half of the red wine.
- Bring to a full boil, then reduce heat to medium, and allow to simmer for 2-3 hours, until reduced to desired consistency, stirring occasionally.
- Serve on pasta of choice topped with fresh grated parmesan cheese.
The Cookcommandar Columbus, GA
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!