Cheesy Minute RiceFrom scarletcape 9 years ago
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 2 cups rice - Incidently you can make more servings by increasing the water and rice ratio but this six serving recipe should cover it. shopping list
- 6 oz pasterized prepared cheese - Can use cheese slices or velveeta. Use a cheese that melts easily. shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Bring water to boil in a medium sauce pan over medium-high heat.
- Stir in rice and cheese.
- Reduce heat to low.
- COOK and stir until cheese is completely melted. Stir frequently so not to scorch cheese.
- Cover and remove from heat. Let stand for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir before serving.
- Jazz It Up: Garnish with chopped fresh parsley just before using. How to Cube cheese product: Cut measured amount of cheese product Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product into slices, each about 1/2-inch thick. Then, cut each slice crosswise in both directions to make cubes. This is if you didn't use cheese slices. If you use slices, tear them into pieces. This recipe was taken from http://www.minuterice.com
- I am unsure if the recipe still appears on the back or side of Minute Rice box.
The Cookscarletcape Small Town USA, KS
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!