Orchard Pork ChopsFrom chicka 9 years ago
- 6 pork loin chops, 3/4-inch thick shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 cups apple cider or juice shopping list
- 1/3 cup coarse-grain mustard shopping list
- 3 medium apples, cored, sliced 1/2-inch thick shopping list
- 1/2 cup raisins shopping list
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown pork chops and season with salt and pepper.
- Combine apple cider and mustard; pour over pork chops. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Add apples, raisins and green onions. Cover; cook 5-10 minutes longer.
- Place pork chops and apples on serving platter; keep warm. Stir combined cornstarch and water into pan juices; cook and stir until thickened. Serve sauce over pork chops and apples.
- Fruit is a favorite partner with pork, and these braised chops feature both raisins and apples.
- Serve with hot cooked noodles and broccoli spears.