Raisin Griddle CookiesFrom 24thesweed 7 years ago
- 3 1/2 cups sifted flour shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1 cup shortening shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1 1/4 cup raisins shopping list
How to make it
- Sift dry ingredients together into bowl.
- Cut in shortening until mixture is mealy.
- Beat egg, add milk, and blend.
- Add egg mixture and raisins to flour mixture.
- Stir until all ingredients are moistened and dough holds together.
- Roll on lightly floured board to 1/4 inches thick.
- Cut with 2 inch round cutter.
- Heat griddle until a few drops of water dance on it.
- (Do not overheat griddle)
- Oil griddle lightly and place some cookies on it.
- As the bottoms become brown and tops become puffy.
- Turn them over and brown on other side.
- Serve warm. Makes about 4 dozen cookies.