Chocolate pecan pieFrom johnrenea 9 years ago
- 1/2 cup margarine, melted shopping list
- 1 cup light corn syrup shopping list
- 1 cup white sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch single crust pie shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a heavy saucepan combine melted margarine, corn syrup, white sugar and cocoa.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves.
- Add vanilla, salt and eggs, stirring well.
- Stir in 1/2 cup pecans.
- Mix well.
- Pour filling into unbaked pastry shell and top with remaining 1/2 cup pecans.
- Bake at 325 degrees F(165 degrees C) for 55 minutes.
- Let cool and serve.
The Cookjohnrenea Decatur, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!