ALMOND BUTTER CHRISTMAS CAKEFrom mamajune 8 years ago
- INGREDIENTS shopping list
- 3 cups cake flour, sifted shopping list
- 3 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup butter or shortening shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 3 eggs, unbeaten shopping list
- 1/2 cup almonds, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup raisins, finely cut shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Sift flour once, measure, add baking powder and salt, and sift
- together three times.
- Cream butter thoroughly.
- Add sugar gradually, and cream together until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly after each.
- Add nuts and raisins and beat well.
- Add flour, alternately with milk, a small amount at a time, beating
- after each addition until smooth.
- Add vanilla.
- Bake in two greased 9-inch layer pans in moderate oven (375F).
- 25 minutes, or until done.
- Spread boiled frosting (see recipe) between layers and on top and
- sides of cake.
- Decorate top of cake with wreath of holly, using pieces of maraschino
- cherries or red cinnamon candies for berries, and slices of angelica
- or citron for leaves and stems, Or decorate with poinsettias made of candied cherries.
- Slice cherries in rings, cut rings in half, and arrange to form
- petals of poinsettias.
The Cookmamajune High Point, NC
- Not added to any groups yet!