Different Apple PieFrom jewlia 8 years ago
- 1 prepared double pie crust shopping list
- 5 apples, thin-sliced, cored, peeled ( i don't peel mine i like it rustic) shopping list
- Also I used honey Crisp apples and Jonagold. shopping list
- 3/4 cup sweetener I used Splenda you can use sugar i just coated the apples to add the sweetness to the juice but they were pretty sweet already so use your own preferance. shopping list
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 tsp garam masala shopping list
- 1/2 Tbsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 3 whole cloves shopping list
- 1/2 meyer lemon squeezed. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place one crust into a 9-inch pie pan.
- Place sliced apples into a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Combine Granulated sweetner , cornstarch, cinnamon, garam masala, vanilla, cloves, lemon juice, and salt in a small bowl. Sprinkle mixture over apples and toss.
- Spoon apple mixture into piecrust. Place the second crust over the filling. Seal edges, trim and flute. Make small openings in the top crust.
- Bake in preheated 425 degrees F oven 40-50 minutes or until the top crust is golden. Serve warm or chilled.