Crab DipFrom expee 8 years ago
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1 small onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise shopping list
- 2 (6 ounce) cans crabmeat, drained and flaked shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 (1 pound) loaf round, crusty Italian bread (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, onion, mayonnaise, crabmeat, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Spread mixture into a 1 quart baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven. While the dip is baking, cut a circle in the top of the bread, and scoop out the inside to create a bread bowl. Tear the removed bread into pieces for dipping.
- Remove baked crab dip from the oven, and stir well. Spoon the mixture into the hollowed out loaf. Place bread bowl and chunks of bread on a medium baking sheet, and bake for an additional 10 minutes. Serve hot.