Butter ChickenFrom jnj 8 years ago
- 10 large boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts shopping list
- 1/2 cup bottled Tandoori marinade shopping list
- 2 Tbsps butter shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onions shopping list
- 1 tbsp minced garlic shopping list
- 1 1/2 Tbsps grated gingerroot shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder shopping list
- 3/4 tsp ground turmeric shopping list
- 3/4 tsp ground coriander shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 1 can (28 oz/798 mL) diced tomatoes, drained shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1 tbsp brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/3 cup light sour cream (not fat-free) shopping list
- 1 tbsp minced fresh cilantro shopping list
- 1 tbsp cashew/almond butter shopping list
- Hot cooked basmati rice (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Poke raw chicken thighs in several places with a fork. Place chicken in a large, heavy-duty, resealable plastic bag. Add Tandoori marinade to bag. Turn bag several times to coat chicken with marinade. Marinate chicken in refrigerator for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Place chicken thighs in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with foil and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until cooked through.
- When cool enough to handle, cut into bite-sized pieces..
- While chicken is baking, make sauce. Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add onions and garlic. Cook slowly, stirring often, until onions are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add gingerroot, chili powder, turmeric, ground coriander, cinnamon and cumin. Cook 1 more minute.
- Add drained tomatoes, broth, brown sugar, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Transfer half the sauce to a blender and purée until smooth.
- Return puréed sauce to pot with remaining sauce. Mix well and return to heat.
- Stir in sour cream, cilantro and cashew/almond butter.
- Add cut-up Tandoori chicken and mix well. Cook just until chicken is hot.
- Serve over hot basmati rice, if desired.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- jnj Kitchener, CA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔