Brunswick StewFrom dariana 8 years ago
- 3 medium onions, cut into thin wedges shopping list
- 2 pounds meaty chicken pieces, skinned shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups diced cooked ham (8 ounces) shopping list
- 1 14 1/2-ounce can diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1 14 ounce can chicken broth shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon bottled hot pepper sauce shopping list
- 1 10-ounce package frozen sliced okra (2 cups) shopping list
- 1 cup frozen baby lima beans shopping list
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn shopping list
How to make it
- In a 3 1/2- to 4-quart crockery cooker place onion. Top with chicken and ham. In a small bowl combine undrained tomatoes, broth, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, thyme, pepper, and hot pepper sauce; pour over chicken and ham.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
- If desired, remove chicken; cool slightly. (Keep lid on the crockery cooker.) Remove meat from chicken bones; cut meat into bite-size pieces. Return chicken to crockery cooker; discard bones.
- Add okra, lima beans, and corn to crcokery cooker. If using low-heat setting turn to high-heat setting. Cover and cook 45 minutes more or until vegetables are tender.
The Cookdariana IL
- Not added to any groups yet!