Loaded Oatmeal CookiesFrom jones2888 8 years ago
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal shopping list
- 1 cup raisins shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- Brown butter icing, recipe follows shopping list
- ================================== shopping list
- Brown butter Icing: shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 3 cups sifted powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 3 to 4 tablespoons water shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease 1 or more cookie sheets.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together butter, shortening, and sugar in a bowl until fluffy.
- Add eggs and beat until mixture is light in color. Add buttermilk.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves, and allspice; stir into creamed mixture.
- Fold in oatmeal, raisins, walnuts, and vanilla, blending well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Drizzle with Brown Butter Icing.
- Brown Butter Icing Directions:
- In a small saucepan heat the butter over medium heat until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Remove saucepan from heat; stir in 3 cups sifted powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Stir in enough water (3 to 4 tablespoons) to make an icing of drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle on warm cookies.
The Cookjones2888 Columbus, OH
- Not added to any groups yet!