Cinnamon Raisin BreadFrom pat2me 8 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups milk shopping list
- 1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C) shopping list
- 2 (.25 ounce) packages active dry yeast shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup white sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup margarine, softened shopping list
- 1 cup raisins shopping list
- 8 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tablespoons milk shopping list
- 3/4 cup white sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted shopping list
How to make it
- Warm the milk in a small saucepan until tiny bubbles appear,
- then remove from heat. Let cool until lukewarm.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water, and set aside until yeast
- is frothy.
- Mix in eggs, sugar, butter or margarine,
- salt, and raisins. Stir in cooled milk. Add the flour
- gradually to make a stiff dough.
- Knead dough on a lightly floured surface for a few
- Place in a large, greased, mixing bowl, and turn to
- grease the surface of the dough. Cover with a damp cloth.
- Allow to rise until doubled.
- Roll out on a lightly floured surface into a large
- rectangle 1/2 inch thick.
- Moisten dough with 2 tablespoons
- Mix together 3/4 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons
- cinnamon, and sprinkle mixture on top of the moistened dough.
- Roll up tightly; the roll should be about 3 inches in
- Cut into thirds, and tuck under ends.
- Place loaves into well greased 9 x 5 inch pans.
- Lightly grease tops of loaves. Let rise again for 1 hour.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes,
- or until loaves are lightly browned and sound hollow when
- knocked. Remove loaves from pans, and brush with melted butter
- or margarine. Let cool before slicing
The Cookpat2me Nashua, NH
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!