Individual Pineapple Upside-Down CakesFrom williams94086 8 years ago
- 1/4 Cup butter shopping list
- 2/3 Cup Packed brown sugar (I used dark) shopping list
- 1 Cup Chopped pineapple shopping list
- 1 1/3 Cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 Cup sugar shopping list
- 1/3 Cup shortening shopping list
- 3/4 Cup milk shopping list
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 Teaspoon lemon zest shopping list
- 1 Egg shopping list
- 6 maraschino cherries shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter in a small pan. Add brown sugar to melted butter and stir to dissolve, remove from heat. Using a large muffin tin (6 muffins, 3 1/2" wide openings), distribute butter mixture evenly in each muffin opening. Place 1-2 tablespoons of pineapple in each opening, followed by a cherry pushed down into the center.
- Beat remaining ingredients with an electric mix, scraping down the bowl as needed. Beat on high speed for 3 minutes. Pour batter evenly in each muffin opening.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes our clean. Turn upside down onto a cookie sheet immediately. Allow to cool for 15 minutes before serving.