Slow Cooker Meat Mexican StyleFrom kristieh 7 years ago
- 1 (4 lb) chuck roast shopping list
- 1 (5oz bottle) hot pepper sauce shopping list
- 2 tbsps olive oil shopping list
- 1 large chopped onion shopping list
- 1-1/4 cups chopped green chile pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp garlic powder shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper (ground) shopping list
- 1 tsp chili powder shopping list
How to make it
- First, trim any excess fat off the and season with salt and pepper. Next, heat the olive oil in a large-sized skillet over medium to high heat.
- After the oil is heated, place the meat into the skillet and brown quickly on all sides.
- Once browned, transfer the meat to a slow cooker and sprinkle the chopped onion, chili powder, garlic powder, chile peppers, cayenne pepper, and hot pepper sauce over the meat.
- Then, add enough water to cover 1/3 of the meat.
- Once water is added, cover and cook for 6 hours on High, make sure to check that there is always at least a small amount of juice in the bottom to prevent it from drying out.
- Reduce heat to Low, continuing to cook for another 2-4 hours or until meat is tender and falls apart.
People Who Like This Dish 18
The Cookkristieh Womelsdorf, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!