Chocolate Sundae PieFrom crossfire 9 years ago
- 1 9" pie crust, baked and cooled shopping list
- 1/4 cup cold water shopping list
- 1 (1/4 oz.) envelope unflavored gelatin (Knox) shopping list
- 3 pasteurized egg yolks shopping list
- 2/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1-1/3 cups whole milk shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg shopping list
- 3 pasteurized egg whites shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Place cold water in a small bowl and sprinkle unflavored gelatin over the water. Set aside.
- In large bowl, beat pasteurized egg yolks with a mixer. Gradually add sugar and salt and beat until mixture is fluffy and is light ivory in color.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Using same beaters, whip cold egg yolk/milk mixture until creamy. Add vanilla and beat. Then fold in beaten egg whites. Pour into baked and cooled pie crust and chill overnight. 8 servings
- To serve:
- Offer whipped cream, shaved chocolate, fudge sauce, maraschino cherries, chopped nuts and other sundae toppings for guests to pour over pie wedges.
The Cookcrossfire Garner, NC
- Not added to any groups yet!