Marinara Sauce for Fried SquidFrom debra47 6 years ago
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 5 cups plum tomatoes, peeled and chopped * shopping list
- 1-1/2 tbsp. parsley, chopped shopping list
- 3/4 tsp. basil shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. ground pepper shopping list
- salt, to taste shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. oregano shopping list
- 6 tbsp. tomato paste shopping list
How to make it
- Brown garlic in oil.
- Add tomatoes, parsley, basil, salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium low flame about 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the oregano and tomato paste and cook for about 10 more minutes.
- If sauce starts to thicken up, add a 1/2 cup of water a little at a time until the correct consistency is attained.
- Marinara sauce should be to the thinner side, not like other tomato sauces.
- As the sauce cooks, and you are stirring the sauce, break up the chopped tomato as much as you can.
- When done serve with the fried squid or pasta.