Chicken and RiceFrom dlombard23 8 years ago
- 1 whole chicken shopping list
- seasoning salt (amount depends on your preference) shopping list
- 1 (10 ounce) package yellow rice shopping list
- 1 (8 ounce) can drained and chopped water chestnuts shopping list
- 1 medium diced green bell pepper shopping list
- 1 (4 ounce) jar drained diced pimentos shopping list
- 1 medium onion diced shopping list
- salt and pepper (your desired preference) shopping list
- 2 TBS olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and in oven, toss onions, green bell peppers, and water chestnuts with olive oil to coat. Cover the chicken with salt, pepper, and seasoning salt, then place on top of vegetables in the oven.
- Cover and cook chicken for 1 hour and 15 minutes. While the chicken is cooking, prepare the yellow rice according to package directions. After chicken is fully cooked, remove from heat but leave vegetables in the oven. Let chicken cool, then remove skin, de-bone, then shred meat.
- Add shredded chicken and cooked rice into the oven along with the vegetables and continue cooking an additionl15 minutes before serving.
The Cookdlombard23 Poway, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!