Cinnamon ApplesauceFrom gfkarina 6 years ago
- 8-9 assorted apples - peeled, cored and chopped shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened 100% organic apple juice or cider shopping list
- Fresh water, if needed shopping list
- A small pinch of fine sea salt shopping list
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar (or honey) shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, or to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Place the chopped apples in a large saucepan and add the apple juice and enough water to barely cover the apples. Add a pinch of sea salt. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook the apples until they are fork-tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Mash the apples with a potato masher. Stir in the agave and cinnamon. Continue to cook over low heat until the apples are soft and all the excess liquid has cooked off; about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
- Serve at room temperature; or cover and store in an air-tight container and chill.
- Makes 6 servings. Copyright © 2001-2007 Karina's Kitchen: Recipes from a Gluten-Free Goddess. All rights reserved.
The Cookgfkarina Santa Fe, NM
The Rating1 people
Delicious!!invisiblechef in loved it
Comfort Foods769 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Cooking For Food Allergies45 members
Vegetarian Food Lover425 members
Food Blogs60 members
Jewish Food Lovers100 members
Special NeedsRestricted55 members
Seasonally Winter73 members
Ethnic Family Traditions Our Heritage Together134 members