Lobster Bisque-AntiqueFrom mystic_river1 6 years ago
How to make it
- Remove a portion from either side of the head and use the rest.
- To boil a lobster, put it in a fish-kettle, and cover it with cold water, cooking it on a quick fire.
- Two lobsters will make a soup for six or eight persons, and also salad.
- All the undershell and small claws are pounded in a mortar to make the bisque. When it is pounded, put it in a pan and set it upon the fire with broth or water.
- The meat is cut in small pieces to be added afterward, The bisque is left on the fire to boil gently for half an hour.
- Then pour it into a seive and press it with a masher to extract the juice.
- To make it thicker, a small piece of parsnip can be added and mashed with the rest into a pan, so that all the essence is extracted in that way from the lobster.
- When you have strained it, put a little butter with it, and add as much broth as is required.
- Put some of the meat in the soup-tureen, and pour the soup over it.