Italian Meatball Sandwich CasseroleFrom donnaja1231 8 years ago
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions shopping list
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs shopping list
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 pound ground beef shopping list
- 1 (1 pound) loaf Italian bread, cut into 1 inch cubes shopping list
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 3 cups spaghetti sauce shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
- Mix together onions, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and ground beef. Roll into 1 inch diameter balls, and place in a baking pan. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until beef is no longer pink. Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Arrange the bread cubes in a single layer in an ungreased 9x13 inch baking dish. Mix together the cream cheese, mayonnaise, Italian seasoning and black pepper until smooth. Spread this mixture over each bread cube. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the grated mozzarella cheese.
- In a large bowl, mix together spaghetti sauce, water, and garlic. Gently stir in meatballs. Pour over the bread and cheese mixture in the baking pan. Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese evenly over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes, or until heated through.
The Cookdonnaja1231 Moffat, CO
The Rating6 people
Husband was away doing a fantasy football draft and said he'd "just make do" for dinner. Imagine his surprise when he came home to this amazing casserole smelling up the house with yummy goodness. This really was a very good recipe & I've now disco...more99bordeaux in Richmond loved it
Oh this is GREAT!!! I think I'm falling inlove with your Recipes.lovingmybabbyalways in Winchester VA loved it
Made this the other day....I had the recipe to just make the sandwiches with pretty much the same ingredients but loved the casserole idea, turned out perfect, Thank You!momofsixgirls in Pine City loved it