Baked Lobster SavannahFrom caramia 7 years ago
- 2 oz butter shopping list
- 2 c mushrooms -- sliced shopping list
- 1 c bell peppers -- diced shopping list
- 1 tb Spanish paprika shopping list
- 1 1/2 c Sherry shopping list
- 1 d salt -- to taste shopping list
- 1 d black pepper -- to taste shopping list
- 4 c Locke-ober cream sauce -- see shopping list
- 1/2 c pimientos -- diced shopping list
- 4 3-pound whole lobsters -- boil shopping list
- 4 ts parmesan cheese -- grated shopping list
How to make it
- STEP ONE: The Sauce-- Heat butter to melting point in a large saucepan,
- add mushrooms and green pepper. Cook until tender. Add paprika and stir
- in sherimientos and blend well. Bring to a simmer.
- STEP TWO: The Lobster-- This can be done while vegetables are cooking.
- ReCut in a large dice.
- CHEF'S NOTE: Discard intestinal vein and stomach--a hard sac near the
- head--before dicing.
- STEP THREE: Add meat to sauce and simmer slowly for 10 minutes. Divide
- mixture evenly and spoon back into lobster shell. Dust with grated
- parmesan cheese and brown in a 375-degree oven for 15 minutes. Serve.
- (If you are using lobsters smaller than three pounds each, you will
- need enough smaller lobsters to produce a total of about 8 cups of meat
- after boiling and cooling.)