Holiday Snowmen Caramel Popcorn BallsFrom batista_baron 9 years ago
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup shopping list
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 8 cups popcorn shopping list
- Decorating: thin strips of "red" fruit-roll up, pretzel sticks, cinnamon imperials, mini-chocolate chips and round peppermints shopping list
How to make it
- Heat brown sugar, corn syrup, margarine and salt to simmering in a 4-quart pot over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
- Add popcorn.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until popcorn is well coated (about 2 minutes).
- Cool slightly.
- Dip hands in cold water; shape mixture into equal amounts of 1-inch balls and 2-inch balls.
- Place 2 inch balls on waxed paper and slightly push down 1-inch balls on top.
- Wrap a piece of fruit-roll-up where the two balls meet as a "scarf" and slightly press onto popcorn balls. Stick pretzels sticks on the sides as "arms". Use candied imperials down the front as "buttons"and use as a "nose". Use mini-chocolate chips to make a "mouth" and "eyes". Slightly press down a peppermint on the top of the 1-inch ball for a "hat".
- Wrap individually in plastic bags and tie.