Filipino Style SpaghettiFrom chboogs 9 years ago
- 1 kilo (2.2 lbs) spaghetti noodles shopping list
- 1 cup minced onion shopping list
- 1 head of garlic finely minced shopping list
- 3/4 kilo (1.65 lbs) ground beef shopping list
- 3/4 kilo (1.65 lbs) hot dogs shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- spaghetti sauce (used 750g (26.5 ounce) pouch in this recipe) shopping list
- 1 bottle banana ketchup shopping list
- 1 box quick melt cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Cook the noodles as per package direction.
- Slice the hot dogs in wedges. Better do this when their still in a slightly frozen state. Split them in half then just do slanting cuts like in the picture.
- Heat some oil. Saute garlic and onions. Then add in the meat. Cook till brown. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Pour in the spaghetti sauce, ketchup, sugar and water.
- Mix and let it simmer for about 10 minutes until it gets thick and red.
- Add in the hot dogs last.
- Mix and just let the hot dogs heat through. Sauce is done!
- This is just a personal preference. Since I'm not mixing my sauce with the pasta I make sure to give the noodles a quick rinse after their cooked and strained them. Just to remove the excess starch.
- Top the noodles with the warm sauce. Sprinkle with quick melt cheese!
The Cookchboogs Manila, PH
The Rating15 people
Are those Bibbo hotdogs I see? Yum!datuputi in Marietta loved it
That's interesting, this banana ketchup. Does it take like ketchup or bananas? I'll have to try some if I can find it.datuputi in Marietta loved it
my grandma makes it with out cheese and used realuglar spageti nodles but she may use more than 1 bottle of banana kechup and she also makes it a little bit spiceynathanielsp111 in Tulare loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!