Applesauce Oatmeal CookiesFrom dandelion 8 years ago
- 1 3/4 cup rolled oats shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter -- softened shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 3/4 cup applesauce shopping list
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 1 cup raisins shopping list
- 1 cup chopped walnuts shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a med. bowl, combine oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix well and set aside. In a large bowl, combine sugars with an electric mixer on med. speed. Add butter and beat to form a grainy paste. Add egg and applesauce, and blend until smooth. Add flour mixture, chocolate chips, raisins and walnuts. Blend at low speed just until combined.
- Drop dough by tablespoons onto lightly greased cookie sheets, 2" apart. Bake for 12-14 min. or until light brown. Immediately transfer to a cool, flat surface.
- This recipe doubles easily Enjoy!
The Cookdandelion Ashland, NE
The Rating5 people
This sound really good. Thanks!
Donna A.donnaja1231 in Moffat loved it
...just made this recipe..this is definitely a keeper!! 5+++!blondie80 in -Lake Villa loved it
Have you ever tried these with old-fashioned oats?
I'm not sure if it would work or if the oats would soften enough. Just wondering...I have a massive box of them in the kitchen!
This flavor combo sounds great though...morepollymotzko in Garden Grove loved it