Irish seafood stewciopino if yer ItalionFrom baba 10 years ago
- 1 Two Buck Chuck(or equivalent) shopping list
- 2 cups soup stock(left over frozen turkey soup from... I forget) shopping list
- 8 rashers of bacon (or 1/4 lb sausage) shopping list
- 1 medium to large onion diced("Ya'll can't have to much onion!!") shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic(or 4 cubes of TJ's crushed frozen garlic) shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh basil( or 2 cubes TJ's diced frozen basil[Rathbone]) shopping list
- small handfull of dried cilantro(or 2 cubes TJ's diced frozen cilantro) shopping list
- 3 15 oz cans diced tomatoes(with spices if you like) shopping list
- 1 cup diced peppers(mild or hot as to personal preference or masochisty) shopping list
- 4 chugalugs of worchester sauce shopping list
- 1/2 tsp sea salt shopping list
- 1 tsp lemon pepper shopping list
- 6 medium potatoes cubed shopping list
- 2 cans diced or minced clams(or 1 lb fresh clams) shopping list
- 1 15 oz can or frozen corn kernals shopping list
- 1 15 oz can black beans(red are ok but NOT white!) shopping list
- 1/2 cup half'n'half shopping list
- 12 oz of fresh or frozen bay scallops shopping list
- 16 oz of fresh or frozen cod or halbut(tilipia is fine) shopping list
- 8 dollops creme fraiche shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
How to make it
- The night(or two) before your meal cook bacon(sausage) till crispy turn down heat add diced onion saute till opaque.
- Pour large tumbler of wine, take one(1) good gulp, pour remainder into large cookpot with soup stock.
- Heat on low, add bacon/onion, canned 'matoes, garlic, basil, dried cilantro, Worst sauce, salt, pepper.
- Keeping heat LOW, drink more wine and go to bed(preferably with a friend[or two])
- When you awake, turn stove off, and cover pot with towels to keep it warm.
- Go to work!
- After work come home, and kick the stove up to medium high, add clams w/ juice(drain off dregs of sand),taters, beans and corn.
- Turn heat down when pot starts boiling.
- Add fresh clams, simmer for 1/2 hr.
- Add fish and scallops, simmer 15 minutes, turn off!
- Garnish w/ creme dollops and fresh cilantro!
- Serve with Wonder Bread and more TBChuck!
The Cookbaba San Luis Obispo, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!