Bennigans Monte CristoFrom cubralinda 8 years ago
- 9 Slices Wheat bread shopping list
- 3 Slices cooked turkey shopping list
- 3 Slices cooked ham shopping list
- 3 Slices American cheese shopping list
- 3 Slices swiss cheese shopping list
- Batter shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 - 1 1/4 C. water shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 tsp. sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 C. flour shopping list
- 1 Tbs. baking powder shopping list
- vegetable oil (for deep frying) shopping list
How to make it
- Place turkey and Swiss cheese on one slice of bread and ham and American cheese on another slice of bread. Place third slice in-between and secure the triple decker sandwich in the corners with tooth picks.
- Place egg in mixing bowl, add water and beat together. Add salt, sugar, flour, and baking powder. Beat batter until smooth.
- Dip sandwich in batter and carefully cover all the sides and surface. Carefully place in hot oil and fry until golden. When sandwich has turned a warm gold color remove from hot oil and place on paper towel. Let cool for a few minutes before removing the tooth picks. Before serving slice into fourths and sprinkle with powder sugar.
- Serve with raspberry preserves, pickle garnish and your favorite side order of French fried potatoes.