Cocoa Wedding CakesFrom tuilelaith 8 years ago
- 1 cup(s) pecans shopping list
- 1 3/4 cup(s) confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 1 cup(s) (2 sticks) butter, cold, cut up (no substitutions) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 3/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/3 cup(s) unsweetened cocoa shopping list
- 1/3 cup(s) semisweet chocolate mini-chips shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In food processor with knife blade attached, pulse pecans with 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar until pecans are finely ground. Add butter and vanilla and process until smooth, occasionally stopping processor to scrape side with rubber spatula. Add flour and cocoa and pulse until evenly mixed. Add chocolate chips; pulse just until combined.
- With floured hands, shape dough by rounded measuring teaspoons into 1-inch balls. Place balls, 1 inch apart, on ungreased large cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies 16 to 18 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Transfer cookies to wire rack to cool slightly.
- Sift remaining 1 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar onto waxed paper. While cookies are still warm, roll in sugar to coat; return to wire rack to cool completely. When cool, gently roll cookies in sugar again. Repeat with remaining dough and sugar. Store cookies in tightly covered container at room temperature up to 2 weeks, or in freezer up to 3 months.
The Cooktuilelaith Columbia, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!