BouieFrom betty_boop 8 years ago
- 3 to 5 lbs of Bouie shopping list
- 1 large onion shopping list
- 1 1/2 green onions shopping list
- 1 tbsp garlic shopping list
- 1 cup parsely shopping list
- 4 to 6 slices of japaleno from a jar/not fresh ( optional) shopping list
- 16 ozs. of water shopping list
- 1 to 2 tbsp Slap Yo' Moma (look on internet Walker & Sons La.) shopping list
- 1/4 cup or less of cooking oil shopping list
- 1 Black Cast Iron Pot shopping list
How to make it
- Take you Black Cast Iron Pot and Place on Stove top.
- put oil into it.
- Chop really fine the onions,garlic, parsely, japalenos
- Heat oil in pot, Place Bouie into pot and brown . This browning
- you will let it more so fry but not to a hard crunch...
- take Bouie out place onto a plate or bowl ....
- in Black Pot add your chopped onions,garlic, parsely , japalenos
- stir this around till the onions are saute' in a clear tone.
- then add the Bouie back into the pot adding some water. gradually adding the water say less than a cup at a time. this is going to help make your gravey.......The GRAVEY IS THE MAIN THING THAT EVERYONE REALLY, REALLY LOVES ...even if they can't find themselves eating the Bouie.....
- Let cook for about 2 hours keeping water in the gravey by checking and stirring ,,, not burning , .
- Serve with :
- Green Beans
- Potato Salad
The Cookbetty_boop Pine Prairie, LA
- Not added to any groups yet!