Hush PuppiesFrom betty_boop 8 years ago
- 2 c. self-rising corn meal shopping list
- 3/4 c. milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup green onions cut up tiny shopping list
- 1/2 cup parsely cut up tiny not stems shopping list
- 6 slices of japaleno peppers or hot seasoning of your choice shopping list
- 1 small onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 egg, slightly beaten shopping list
- Dash of garlic powder shopping list
- vegetable oil or shortening shopping list
How to make it
- Combine corn meal and onion ,parsely, seasoning / japaleno peppers (remember peppers are optional ) and garlic powder.
- Add milk and egg stirring well.
- Carefully drop by tablespoon into deep hot 370 degrees oil. Cook only a few at a time, turning once. Fry until hush puppies are golden brown (3 to 5 minutes).
- Drain well on absorbent towels.
- Great with fried fish and white beans and rice.
- Serve when they are still warm