thai green curryFrom nakedchef 5 years ago
- (green curry paste) 2 stalks lemon grass shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sliced galangal shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cumin shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro/coriander root shopping list
- 8 garlic cloves shopping list
- 10 green Thai chili peppers shopping list
- 10 green peppers shopping list
- 1 teaspoon shrimp paste shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon minced kaffir lime skin shopping list
- 2 cups coconut milk shopping list
- 1 500 g boned chicken breast, cubed shopping list
- 1/4 cup fish sauce shopping list
- 3 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 1 cup Thai eggplant shopping list
- 1/2 cup coconut cream shopping list
- 6 fresh kaffir lime leaves shopping list
- 1/4 cup sweet basil leaves shopping list
- red pepper for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Place all green curry paste ingredients in an electric blender and process until the mixture is smooth, (the thailander pound this paste with a pestle and mortar)
- Pour the coconut milk, kaffir lime leaves and the green curry paste into a large saucepan.
- when it boils add chicken, fish sauce and sugar.
- Cook for 5 minutes, Add eggplants simmering for 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut cream, stir.
- Add basil leaves. garnish with the red pepper and serve with steamed rice
The Cooknakedchef Taichung, TW
The Rating5 people
This is wonderful. I used a bought green curry, paste and added broccoli and green beans instead of the eggplant. I almost didn't add the entire 3 tsp of sugar, but am glad I did- it balances the flavours nicely. Will make the paste from scratch next...moreEval in loved it
Fantastically easy to make and tastes better than many I have in Thailand. Good tip on the chillis, 4 seemed to suit the family nicely :)experimentalcook in Abu Dhabi loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!