Bitter Chocolate TrufflesFrom beerotter 5 years ago
- 1 lb 100% cocoa baking chocolate shopping list
- 1 lb Special dark chocolate (I used Hershey's) shopping list
- 1 lb butter shopping list
- 5 oz blanched slivered almonds shopping list
- 3 TBL gray sea salt shopping list
- 1/2 lb unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 2 TBL chipotle powder shopping list
- 2 TBL smoked paprika shopping list
How to make it
- Toast almonds lightly. Set aside to cool.
- Place baking chocolate and dark chocolate with butter in a double boiler. Stir until melted and thoughroughly combined. Remove from heat and add almonds.
- Place bowl in an ice bath and continue to whip slowly until mixture begins to cool. Add sea salt and mix thouroughly.
- Place mixture to cool until very firm. (Overnight is fine.)
- Mix cocoa powder,chipotle powder and paprika.
- Using a small scoop, Make 1/2 oz balls of the cooled truffle mixture and drop into cocoa mix.
- Coat lightly and store or serve.
The Cookbeerotter Portsmouth, NH
- Not added to any groups yet!