Duck SausageFrom beerotter 7 years ago
- 3 lbs duck meat, boned and trimmed shopping list
- 1 lb pork backfat shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic shopping list
- 3 oz dried blueberries shopping list
- 1 oz unseasoned breadcrumbs shopping list
- 2 TBL kosher salt shopping list
- 1 TBL ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 TBL sage shopping list
- 1/2 TBL thyme shopping list
- sausage casings shopping list
How to make it
- Cut duck and backfat into pieces your grinder will be able to handle.
- Crush garlic and add to meat and fat
- Add all remaining except breadcrumbs and casings
- Let sit refrigerated overnight.
- Grind meat and backfat together on coarse setting.
- Add breadcrumbs and mix thoroughly.
- Take a small sample and pan fry it to taste for seasoning.
- Adjust as necessary.
- Stuff meat into casings, tie and store.
- These keep well parboiled, and can then be baked, grilled, or sauteed.
The Cookbeerotter Portsmouth, NH
- Not added to any groups yet!