Feta Stuffed Chicken BreastsFrom chefmeow 9 years ago
- feta Stuffed chicken shopping list
- 1/4 cup crumbled basil and tomato feta cheese shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese shopping list
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 10 ounce package prewashed fresh spinach trimmed shopping list
- 2 tablespoons pecan pieces toasted shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
- Lemon slices halved shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl combine feta cheese and cream cheese then set aside.
- Using a sharp knife cut a horizontal slit through the thickest portion of each chicken breast half to form a pocket.
- Stuff pockets with the cheese mixture.
- If necessary secure openings with wooden toothpicks.
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper and salt.
- In a large nonstick skillet cook chicken in hot oil over medium-high heat about 12 minutes or until tender and no longer pink turning once.
- Remove chicken from skillet then cover and keep warm.
- Carefully add chicken broth to skillet and bringing to boiling then add half of the spinach.
- Cover and cook 3 minutes.
- Remove spinach from skillet reserving liquid in pan.
- Repeat with remaining spinach.
- Return all spinach to skillet.
- Stir in the nuts and lemon juice.
- To serve divide spinach mixture among 4 dinner plates.
- Top with chicken breasts and garnish with lemon slices.