Pat Puk Ke Mow Curry Pork Egg PlantsFrom watson2167 6 years ago
- 1 lb Thai apple eggplants or Chiness eggplants cut lengthwise shopping list
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/4 Thai red curry paste (see Red Curry reicpes) shopping list
- 1 1/2 lb pork tenderloin, halved lengthwise, then sliced crosswise 1/4 inch thick shopping list
- 1/3 cup ginger thinly sliced shopping list
- 3 oz Chinese long beans or green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces shopping list
- 8 canned baby corn, rinsed, drained, and halved lengthwise shopping list
- 1/2 cups Thai chicken stock shopping list
- 3 tablespoons Thai fish sauce shopping list
- 5 (4-inch-long) fresh or frozen kaffir lime leaves (sometimes called bai makroot) shopping list
- 1/4 cup of fresh dill (optional) shopping list
- 2 red jalapeño chiles, thinly sliced crosswise and seeds discarded shopping list
- 2 teaspoon of sugar shopping list
- 1 cup loosely packed bai gapaw (holy basil leaves) shopping list
How to make it
- Trim eggplants and cut into 1-inch wedges (do this just before heating oil to avoid discoloration or soked in water until use)
- Heat oil in wok or pan over moderate heat until warm, about 30 seconds.
- Add curry paste, sugar (to taste) and cook, stirring constantly, until very fragrant and a shade darker, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add pork and stir-fry over high heat until no longer pink on outside, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add eggplant, ginger, beans, baby corn, and stock and simmer, stirring, until eggplant is crisp-tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add fish sauce, lime leaves, chile, and bring to a boil, then remove from heat. Stir in half of basil.
- Serve topped with remaining basil.
The Cookwatson2167 Las Vegas, NV
- Not added to any groups yet!