Lettuce Wraps - Like PF ChangsFrom possumqueen 6 years ago
- 8 dried shiitake mushrooms shopping list
- boiling water - as needed shopping list
- 1 Tbls. hoisin sauce shopping list
- 1 Tbls. soy sauce shopping list
- 1 Tbls. dry sherry shopping list
- 2 Tbls. oyster sauce shopping list
- 2 Tbls. water shopping list
- 1 tsp. sesame oil shopping list
- 1 tsp. sugar shopping list
- 3 tsp. cornstarch - divided shopping list
- 2 tsp. dry sherry shopping list
- 2 tsp. water shopping list
- salt and pepper - to taste shopping list
- 1 1/2 lbs. boned, skinned chicken breasts - sliced shopping list
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil - divided shopping list
- 1 tsp. fresh minced ginger shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic - minced shopping list
- 2 green onions - minced shopping list
- 2 sm. dried chilies - optional shopping list
- 8 oz. can bamboo shoots - drained, minced shopping list
- 8 oz. can water chestnuts - drained, minced shopping list
- 1 head iceberg OR bibb lettuce - leaves separated shopping list
- 1 package Chinese cellophane noodles - prepared as directed shopping list
- ~*SAUCE*~ shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 Tbls. soy sauce shopping list
- 2 Tbls. rice vinegar shopping list
- 2 Tbls. ketchup shopping list
- 1 Tbls. lemon juice shopping list
- 1 Tbls. Chinese hot mustard shopping list
- 1-3 tsp. garlic chili paste shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. sesame oil shopping list
How to make it
- -Prepare the sauce.
- -Cover mushrooms with boiling water and let stand for 30 minutes; drain; trim off and discard woody stems, then mince mushroom; set aside.
- -Combine Hoisin sauce, soy sauce, 1 Tbls. sherry, oyster sauce, 2 Tbls. water, sesame oil, sugar, and 2 tsp. cornstarch; set aside.
- -In a medium bowl, combine remaining 1 tsp. cornstarch, 2 tsp. sherry, 2 tsp. water, salt, and pepper; lay chicken into mixture and spoon over to coat. Stir in 1 tsp. vegetable oil and let sit 15 minutes to marinate.
- -Heat a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat; stir-fry chicken in 3 Tbls. vegetable oil for 3 - 4 minutes; remove from wok/pan; chop chicken and set aside.
- -Heat 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil in wok/pan; add ginger, garlic, onions, and chilies; stir-fry for 1 minute; add mushrooms, bamboo shoots, and water chestnuts; stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- -Return chicken to wok/pan; pour in reserved mixture; simmer until thickened and heated through.
- -Spoon mixture into lettuce leaves and roll up like a burrito.
- -Break cooked cellophane noodles into small pieces and spread evenly over a serving platter; arrange prepared wraps over noodles.
- -Spoon sauce over wraps .
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cookpossumqueen Small Town, Of A
- Not added to any groups yet!