Low Country Boil aka Frogmore StewFrom possumqueen 7 years ago
- 4 pounds small red potatoes shopping list
- 1- 3 oz bag of Zatarain's (dry) crab/shrimp boil seasoning shopping list
- 5 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning shopping list
- 3 pounds kielbasa, hot smoked, or spicy italian sausage, cut into 2-inch pieces shopping list
- 8 ears of corn, halved shopping list
- 4 pounds large fresh shrimp shopping list
- 4 pounds crab, broken into pieces (optional) shopping list
- 5 - 6 quarts water (you'll need enough water to cover the food in the pot) shopping list
- Newspaper shopping list
How to make it
- ~*~*I usually do this outside in a turkey fryer where I can easily use a perforated boil/steam basket.*~*~
- In a large pot add the water and seasonings, bring to a boil.(I taste the water before I add the food to make sure I have enough seasoning)
- In steamer basket add potatoes and carefully lower into boiling water.
- Cover pot and bring back to a boil; cook for 5 minutes.
- Add sausage, corn, and crab return to a boil.
- Cook an additional 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add shrimp to pot; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Turn off heat.
- Pull out basket to drain.
- Pour on newspaper covered table.