Squash Casserole ala GrandmaFrom soozcee 9 years ago
- 8-10 medium yellow (summer) squash shopping list
- 1 small green pepper, diced shopping list
- 1 onion, diced shopping list
- 2-3 ribs celey, diced shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 3 tbs canola oil shopping list
- 1 lb shrimp, as fresh as you can get shopping list
- 1-2 tsp creole seasoning (Tony Chachere's) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp pepper shopping list
- salt if needed shopping list
- 1/2-3/4 cup Italian bread crumbs shopping list
How to make it
- First, boil the squash in a good deal of salted water till tender. Drain, then mash with a potato masher till not quite smooth.
- Meanwhile, cook the "holy trinity"--onion, celey, and bell pepper in canola oil over medium heat till celery is nearly tender. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Add the shrimp to the pan and cook just till shrimp are pink. Remove from heat.
- Combine squash, shrimp mixture, creole seasoning, and bread crumbs. Mixture should not be dry.
- Transfer to baking dish, dust with more bread crumbs and dot with butter.
- Bake at 350 till bubbly and top is lightly browned.
The Cooksoozcee Dallas, TX
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!