Beef and Vegetable Pot PieFrom hayleesgrandma 9 years ago
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided shopping list
- 1 pound ground sirloin shopping list
- 2 cups chopped zucchini shopping list
- 1 cup prechopped onion shopping list
- 1 cup chopped carrot shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried basil shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme shopping list
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry red wine shopping list
- 1/4 cup tomato paste shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium beef broth shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 2 tablespoons water shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
- 1 (11-ounce) can refrigerated soft breadstick dough shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef; cook 3 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble. Drain. Wipe drippings from pan with a paper towel. Heat remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in pan. Add zucchini and next 6 ingredients (through garlic); sauté 7 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Return beef to pan. Stir in wine, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, and broth. Bring to a boil; cook 3 minutes. Combine cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water in a small bowl; stir with a whisk. Add the cornstarch mixture to the pan; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Spoon beef mixture into an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Separate breadstick dough into strips. Arrange strips in a lattice fashion over beef mixture. Bake at 400° for 12 minutes or until browned.