Yummy Chorizo And bean soupFrom nikki85 6 years ago
- olive oil shopping list
- 200g good chorizo sausage, chopped shopping list
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped shopping list
- 2 sticks of celery, finely chopped shopping list
- 500g fresh spinich(dont worry i know it seems alot, u cant even taste it trust me)washed and roughly chopped shopping list
- 8 big fresh tomatoes, deseeded and roughly chopped shopping list
- 2x400g tins chickpeas, drained shopping list
- 1 tin butter beans, drained shopping list
- 2pints chicken stock shopping list
- sea slt and pepper shopping list
- 50g ready sliced packet chorizo shopping list
- 2x hard boiled eggs shopping list
How to make it
- Glug a couple tablespoons of the oil in a large stock pot, add the chorizo and cook gently for a couple of mins.
- whilst your waiting, chop your onion, garlic and celery, add them to the pot.
- put to medium heat and cook for 15mins, lid on,careful not to colour the onions.
- give it a good stir and add your spinach,tomatoes,1 tin of chick peas and your stock.
- bring to the boil, then turn down to your lowest heat and simmer for about 40mins
- take half the mixture out at this point and blitz in a blender
- pour back into the pot, add the 2nd tin of chickpeas and the butter beans
- season with salt and pepper
- add as much of the sliced chorizo as you fancy(give it a little chop)
- cook for a further 10mins to heat all the new stuff through
- when ready grate over your eggs and serve with some lovely crusty bread
The Cooknikki85 Dorset, GB
- Not added to any groups yet!