New York Steak au PoivreFrom geckofiend 8 years ago
- Espagnole sauce (Makes 1 quart) shopping list
- 1 quart veal stock shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. butter shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. shallots, minced shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. garlic cloves, whole shopping list
- 1 rib celery shopping list
- 1 each carrots shopping list
- 4 Tbsp tomato paste shopping list
- 4 Tbsp red wine shopping list
- salt & pepper, as needed shopping list
- Wondra Flour, slurry, as needed shopping list
- Au Poivre Preparation: shopping list
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp green peppercorns shopping list
- 2 Tbsp brandy shopping list
- 6 oz. Espagnole Sauce shopping list
- 1 oz. Cream shopping list
- 2 Tbsp butter shopping list
- 1 Tbsp shallots shopping list
- 1 Tsp olive oil Blend shopping list
- 1 14 oz. Strip steak shopping list
- 1 tsp Chopped parsley shopping list
- 1 sprig of watercress shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Espagnole Sauce:
- In a large stockpot, add butter and melt over medium heat. Add carrots, celery shallots and garlic. Cook until vegetables are caramelized.
- Add tomato paste and cook for 5 minutes, deglaze with red wine.
- Add stock and reduce by one-third.
- Make a Wondra flour slurry with red wine, add to stock cook until thickened, season with salt and pepper, strain thru chinois.
- Label, date and refrigerate.
- 1. Season steak with Mitchell’s Steak Dust and Black Pepper on all sides.
- 2. In a steel sauté pan with oil blend, sear steak on both sides.
- 3. Place steak in a 500-degree oven until cooked to the desired temperature. Remove from the oven and hold warm.
- 4. Add the shallots and green peppercorns to the sauté pan and cook for 1 minute.
- 5. Deglaze with brandy and add the Espagnole sauce and reduce.
- 6. Monte in butter, salt and pepper, chopped parsley and cream.
- 7. Return steak to pan and coat all sides well with sauce.
- 8. Nape sauce over front 1/3 of steak and garnish with watercress.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- geckofiend Columbus, OH
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookgeckofiend Columbus, OH
- Not added to any groups yet!