Green Chile Chicken EnchiladasFrom squirrel_nut 6 years ago
- 5-6 cups boneless chicken thighs shopping list
- 4 cups shredded cheese (jack, colby mix or just jack) shopping list
- 1 bunch green onions shopping list
- 14oz can sliced black olives shopping list
- 6-8 diced Hatch green chiles shopping list
- 24 yellow corn tortillas shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 - 15oz can Hatch green chili enchilada sauce shopping list
- 10.75oz can condensed cream of chicken soup shopping list
How to make it
- de-skin chicken, season and bake until done (375deg for approx 1hr). dice chicken.
- chop green onions and green chilis.
- mix chicken, 3cups cheese, green onion, olives and green chilis together in a large bowl. See Photo
- combine sour cream, enchilada sauce and cream of chicken soup See Photo. heat on low until barely simmering.
- heat tortillas by running through warm cooking oil until tortillas firm up.
- roll each tortilla with chicken mixture.
- arrange side by side in 9x13 baking dish, See Photo
- leftover chicken mix can be used to make more enchiladas or spread over the top of the prepared enchiladas.
- cover enchiladas with sauce and the remaining cheese.
- cook uncovered at 350deg for 30min or until bubbly hot. See Photo