Cola ChickenFrom momcooks 8 years ago
- 1/2 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 2 Tbsps. vegetable oil shopping list
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves shopping list
- 1 can (12 oz.) cola shopping list
- 1 cup ketchup shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 4 1/2 tsp. cornstarch shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. cold water shopping list
How to make it
- In a skillet, saute the onion in the oil over medium heat just until tender, don't let it get too brown.
- Add chicken, brown on both sides.
- Carefully add cola, ketchup, garlic powder, salt and pepper. The skillet will be full, so stir carefully to combine!
- Cover and bring to a simmer, let simmer until chicken is cooked through, 25-30 minutes approximately.
- Remove the chicken to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Combine the cornstarch and cold water until smooth, add to skillet.
- Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Return chicken to the skillet to let it heat through.
The Cookmomcooks Lansing, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!