Sauteed Brains on ToastFrom scearley 7 years ago
How to make it
- Soak brains in cold water for 30 minutes, drain.
- bring the water, salt and juice to a simmer, and add the brains.
- Simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Do NOT boil or overcook, this will destroy the structure of the brains.
- emove the brains and immediately plungeinto icewater to stop cooking.
- When cool enough to handle, remove from the ice bath and pat dry.
- Remove membrane.
- Slice into 1" thick slices.
- beat egg into milk and add salt & pepper.
- Roll the brains gently in flour, dip into the egg wash, and roll in breadcrumbs.
- Saute the brains in the butter, turning carefully, until golden on both sides.
- Serve immediately on hot toast with lemon wedges and sprinkled with parsley